Partizan.net - Forum navijača Partizana

Dobrodošli na najveći i najstariji Forum Navijača Partizana!

Nekoliko desetina hiljada ljudi prati i podržava naš rad. Zaprati nas na socijalnim mrežama za najnovije informacije o Partizanu ili se pridruži hiljadama članova u diskusijama na našem Forumu

Važno: Registracije za nove članove su trenutno zatvorene. Ukoliko svejedno želite da nam se pridružite, pošaljite E-mail Uredništvu koje će Vas uputiti u proceduru. Kontak informacije možete pronaći na partizan.net

Napred Partizan!

Rhyl & PARTIZAN (Black&White friendship)

dark

Grobar
Учлањен(а)
Порука
Reaction score
The New Saints of Oswestry Town & Llansantffraid Football Club (TNS) is a full-time British professional football club representing Llansantffraid-ym-Mechain in Montgomeryshire, Wales and Oswestry in Shropshire, England (the two places are 8 miles (13 km) apart). They play in the Welsh Premier League. From 1997 to 2006, the club was known as Total Network Solutions F.C.

You can find more about TNS on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Saints_F.C.

So, TNS is Welsh/English club or what? :?

TerminallyRhyl, thanks and all the best :ziveli

TerminallyRhyl

Početnik
Учлањен(а)
Порука
Reaction score
Локација
Wales / Cymru
TNS is basically one millionaire's (the owner of the old Totel Network Solutions company) toy club. There is no fanbase and they play on an astroturf in front of temporary stands. It used to be in Wales but the owner exploited a very old (and later unproven) link between an English team (Oswestry) and the formation of the Football Association of Wales so merged two teams and was allowed to play in the Welsh Premier from an English town.

Although TNS are Welsh Premier champions, nobody in Wales considers them a Welsh team, just like Cardiff who are a Welsh team but could be playing in the English premiership if they beat Blackpool on Saturday.

Its very complex because of the 'national' boundary situation in Wales but they are a team, not a 'club' in the sense of the word.

Relegation is hard for Rhyl but the players who you saw in Belgrade had problems with their money afterwards when the chief financier pulled out. This has caught up with the club and now we found ourselves playing in a pit of sheep and cow fields.:oops:

We will rise again though!

:s:D:

Crno-beli

Partizanovac
Учлањен(а)
Порука
Reaction score
Thanks for the info about TNS! We also have a lot of these so-called "toy-clubs", the clubs without fanbase and tradition.

As I can see on your message board, many fans would like to see Rhyl in English football system. What are advantages of that step and finally, is it possible at all? Does it depend on Rhyl? How do you think to play in English system if you have financial troubles? Would you, in that case, start from the Conference?

Many questions, but not urgent to reply... :wink:

Keep the faith! :D:

TerminallyRhyl

Početnik
Учлањен(а)
Порука
Reaction score
Локација
Wales / Cymru
Rhyl played in the English system for 60 years before domestic football in Wales was created. Rhyl were forced 'home' to Wales by the Football Association while other clubs were able to challenge the decision on legal grounds and were allowed to stay in England.
With such a tradition of playing in England, many fans have memories of playing in the FA Cup and beating teams like Notts County, Stoke, Barnsley, Hartlepool. Many people think that it would be better to be a small fish in a bigger pond rather than a big fish in a small pond.
For me I like the opportunity to watch Rhyl play in different countries, but I am not blind to the problems of the league. Most of the sponsor money and press coverage goes to the Welsh clubs playing in England and rightly so because they (Cardiff and Swansea) have crowds of 15,000+. Welsh Premier Clubs are often overlooked in the national papers with coverage of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

To play in England Rhyl would have to give up on Champions League/Europa league. It might also need a legal challenge because the Welsh FA will not want to lose one of its clubs, even though it allows others to do so.

It is a complex proposition but is possible if people have the determination and the money to do so. With the current financial crisis I cannot see that happening for a while but football is a funny old game!

:cry:

By the way ... sounds like I must visit Kula ! :buhaha

Crno-beli

Partizanovac
Учлањен(а)
Порука
Reaction score
Thanks for this precise explanation!

Btw, we have planned you will visit us and travel with us to an away game. Somehow, Kula was not a part of that plan... :buhaha

Believe me, there are more beautiful places in Serbia to see... :D

Dr.Hofmann

Greeting for "TerminallyRhyl" , i wish you much better next season.
Much better choice than " Kula" is for example " Čačak", "Jagodina",Novi Sad,Ivanjica".

Crno-beli

Partizanovac
Учлањен(а)
Порука
Reaction score
Some people from Rhyl will be watching Arsenal - Partizan and supporting our team... :clap

TerminallyRhyl

Početnik
Учлањен(а)
Порука
Reaction score
Локација
Wales / Cymru
Yes, we are making plans to go to the Emirates stadium for the Champions League game. Tickets might be a problem because Arsenal have a 'tough' policy against people not getting them from the away club. If any other Uk based Partizan fans are finding a way to get them please let us know.

Great result against Anderlecht! So many from Wales watched the game on Sky and enjoyed! :)

:napred Partizan

Zokii

Početnik
Учлањен(а)
Порука
Reaction score
Nevermind.

Последња измена:

Nik86

Početnik
Учлањен(а)
Порука
Reaction score
Hey Terminally Rhyl,

I'm a London based Partizan (and Arsenal) fan so as you can imagine I am salivating over the two upcoming matches between my two most loved clubs.

For getting tickets for the Emirates game... I think it shouldn't be a problem. There's unlikely to be too much demand to watch Partizan play in England so I think the tickets will most probably go on general sale (meaning anyon can buy them). Keep checking the Arsenal website and it will ay when they will be on sale for us general public (normaly after all the members have had a chance to get their tix).

You can also maybe try get them thru Partizan and sit with the away fans... I was thinking of doing this as I doubt many people will have the money or visas, etc. to travel to London from BGD.

Hope that helps, feel free to getn ouch if you make it to London...

:-D

Jugo_faca

Banned
Учлањен(а)
Порука
Reaction score
Локација
Dorćol
I just discovered this topic, I wasn't registered on the forum when we played against Rhyll fc. I was on the south stand that day in belgrade, me and my father were simply stunned when your players came in front of our fans to salute them. truly amazing moment for me. We saluted back, and i felt like i'm saluting my own team. I know i'm kind a late with this, but thank you nice welsh people for reminding us what this game is about. Cheers :ziveli
If i ever go to wales, i will go to your town and buy Rhyll fc shirt.

Crno-beli

Partizanovac
Учлањен(а)
Порука
Reaction score
I would just like to express my respect to TerminallyRhyl and his Welsh friends who were supporting Partizan from "The Emirates" last night! Thank you, friends! :clap

Dr.Hofmann

Also a salute to the fans of Rhyl, i saw them at the stadium, they came next to our sector , with their flag.

TerminallyRhyl

Početnik
Учлањен(а)
Порука
Reaction score
Локација
Wales / Cymru
Yes, good to meet up with Partizan fans on Wednesday night, we were sat right behind the goal close to the Partizan sector along with a number of other UK based Grobari. It was good speaking to them and we are pleased they were already familiar with our club.
Hoping to get a few of us together for another trip to Belgrade in the new year. Glad Crno Beli is flying high at the top of the table. See you soon. :D::ziveli

stefan_grobar

Grobar
Учлањен(а)
Порука
Reaction score
Ovaj Garet Hjuz je legenda :respect

Последња измена:

Crno-beli

Partizanovac
Учлањен(а)
Порука
Reaction score
Another guy from Wales came to watch Partizan. His name is Ed, big respect from us. :respect